Sunday, March 12, 2023

The Last of Us - TV show

New thing today, finished The Last of Us season 1 on HBO Max. Holy smokes is this thing good from beginning to end. I didn't want to care, but I did. And it went to some interesting places. Love and darkness all wrapped together. My favorite episodes were probably 3 Long Long Time, 5 Endure and Survive, and 9 Look for the Light. Unexpected consequences of love may be the running themes in those episodes. I haven't enjoyed a show in awhile, and honestly was expecting to be disappointed, but this... all the feels. I also needed a week between episodes to recover sometimes. I may rewatch the season, but overall, pretty incredible. Moments were just heartbreaking in some really good ways. Just some incredible moments - great job everyone who worked on that show!